Friday, April 06, 2007

In Defence of Books

I love reading books and I am a bibliophile (great lover of books). I have also noticed that many IT profesionals don't like reading books as they have someone who does all the work for them, and provides direct solutions, so they do not need to put long hours in reading and learning; thanks to Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.com :(

But I am feeling that in order to grow someone has to learn constantly and books are the best medium to do so.

I came across a link which contains an article about "In Defence of Books" and this article is written by Douglas Reilly, he himself has shared his experience about books in the article.

This article talks about that why software professionals need books :)

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-training/sql-server-and-.net-training-and-career-development-part-3/

No comments:

Post a Comment